wrigglynn

wrigglynn

An avid reader who likes to mess around with various art mediums in her spare time.

Emma, Vol. 01
Kaoru Mori, 森 薫
The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making
Ana Juan, Catherynne M. Valente
Stormdancer
Jay Kristoff
Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews
Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6)
Ilona Andrews
All Men of Genius - Lev A.C. Rosen I have not read the works that inspired [b:All Men of Genius|10839204|All Men of Genius|Lev A.C. Rosen|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1317794079s/10839204.jpg|15753447] so my impression of the book is based solely on this.Looking at the cover, summary and reading the teaser chapter they had up on Tor's website, my first impression of it was that it felt sort of like a MG novel. But after reading the actual book, it was clearly not. Constant mentions of 'making love', sex and f-bombs.I'm not sure how to describe it but the whole thing has a steampunk fairytale feel to it. Things happen easily and dramatically. Then bad things happen too, but they are sort of glossed over and get resolved easily. A large cast of characters was introduced and you get a bit of back story on the minor ones. While it was interesting, I felt that it could have been left out because nothing else happens after their few lines of 'page time'.